Brown Club Orange County is proud to host Southern California’s “Earthquake Lady” – Lucy Jones ’76 – in a provocative discussion – Imagine America Without LA !
Dr. Jones was featured on the cover of the May/June edition of Brown Alumni Monthly - entitled “The Earthquake Lady” – which detailed her research on the likely after effects of a 7.8 seismic event along the Southern California portion of the San Andreas fault.
This research, published in 2008 and dubbed “The ShakeOut Scenario,” led to worldwide recognition and to her appointment by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti as the earthquake czar of LA. Lucy has been tasked with nothing less than preparing Los Angeles to withstand the next “Big One.”
You won’t want to miss this informative, compelling discussion with Q&A which will dispel myths and answer your questions about how to prepare for, and cope with, the inevitable, next major seismic event in our community.
· Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 (Veteran’s Day)
· Time: 6:30 reception, 7:00 Presentation, 8:00-8:30 Q&A and socializing.
· Location: University Hills Community Center, 1083 California Ave, Irvine, CA 92617
· This is a ticketed, limited capacity event, and pre-registration is required. For tickets click: HERE
· Attention: Unregistered Young Alumni (Class of ’11 and later) You may register for free for club membership and receive an $8 discount on admission! Club Membership Registration
· Light refreshments will be provided
· Parking is free
· For more information call Scott or email email@example.com
· (University Hills Community Center) https://goo.gl/maps/Zb1rcqtKTXT2