Brown Club Orange County seeks to create community for the 500 alumni of our region.
BCOC sought and received its charter from Brown in January 2012. We are developing into a dynamic club - but we can't do it without the commitment of people who believe in the enduring spirit of Brown.
Connect with us through email, on Facebook or Linkedin, become a member, or check out one of our events today!
Scott Westerfield, '79
President, Brown Club OC
OUR VISION AND MISSION
An Orange County community of Brown alumni and families inspired to keep the Brown spirit thriving and connected to the wider Brown University community.
BCOC delivers its mission through events and experiences that foster intellectual curiosity, social networking, cultural engagement, and community partnerships, reconnecting us to the diversity and values of Brown University.
We encourage alumni to carry on our Brown camaraderie by attending BCOC events, volunteering, creating new ways to stay connected to Brown and to each other, and contributing to the legacy of our University.
Events and activities:
- Cultural: theatre events, concerts, book talks, UCI Summer Shakespeare, Lunar New Year restaurant celebration
- Educational: lectures by Brown faculty members and distinguished alumni
- Social: mixers with other alumni clubs, attending Brown team competitions, and family events for kids
- Adventure: group hikes, ski weekends, kayaking, stargazing
- Professional: career panels and career development, networking events, and internship opportunities for current students
- Volunteer: community service such as Back Bay cleanup, and opportunities to serve Brown as a volunteer
- Alumni Interviews: we help Brown find its next generation of student leaders
- Philanthropic: we support many ways to give back to Brown including Pay It Forward Day, annual Day of Service and many other activities geared directly and indirectly toward supporting the greater Brown community.